Dr. Plumber looked at my heating system and performed repairs on it without telling me what they were going to do or how much it would cost.

Charged $800.00 for 1 hour or less of work, and a total of nearly $1,300.00 to install 3 small parts, some of which probably were not needed. Lied and said there was a major gas leak and for that reason my permission was not necessary and that they "by law had to make the repair". There was no gas leak, I am down there every day and I would have smelled it. They would not even give me receipts for the parts they installed.

Also, when I wrote negative reviews about them in Yellowpages, they somehow got them removed in less than 24 hours, and a good 10 or 15 positive reviews showed up in their place. Strangely, all of the customers leaving positive reviews for Dr.

Plumber made all the same gramatical and spelling errors. What a coincidence.

Comments

Same thing happened to me in October 2015. I can't believe this guy is still in business. He tried to take me for almost $22,000!!!!

:( My issue with Doctor Plumber is he worked on a 60 year old Niagara furnace that had a lit pilot and the fan worked fine...I thought he would replace a part and it was going to cost me something reasonable like around $250... I was shocked when the bill totaled $2,372.88!!!!

So I refused to pay it! This is clearly a scam!

I also complained on Yelp.com. If enough people get ripped off, we can all get a lawyer and file a class action lawsuit seeking tripple damages. There is a guy on Yelp they ripped off too.

to Anni #1065639

If you want to do that you might only have 4 years or less. I don't think I can anymore. You more recently ripped off people should get together though.

I had dr. plumber fix my heater, he charged 500.00 parts 500.00 labor for two hours work.

They overcharge. A plumber should get 60.00- hour tops, not 250.00.

but it was my heater I was desperate, never again. I want to report them.